Friday, October 16, 2015

Tricks & Treats

It's that time of year: the sun is shifting, the leaves are falling, and Christopher Beats has changed his cover photo (quick shout-out to the very awesome Jamie Stone of Punksthetic Art).

Sorry for not updating. I've been working on a number of novels over the last few years, so don't think I've been idle. Unfortunately, in writing, effort often doesn't pay off for years, if at all.

Anyway, when the plastic jack'o'lanterns started going up, it occurred to me that I haven't written anything resembling horror in quite a while. In fact, I've been grinding away at edits and rewrites for so long, I've almost forgotten what it's like to produce something new.

This gave me an idea: why not let myself write a little story? Just for fun? And since it's just for fun, I'm not going to pitch it to anyone, I'm just going to post it here, piece by piece, for my readers. I've been writing in little snippets, trying to keep the scenes fairly neat. Each scene is approximately two pages long, a perfect daily blog post. And, it being Halloween, I'm shooting for exactly thirteen chapters so I can call this event: HALLOWTHIRTEEN!

(There will be a bonus chapter, or "All Saints Epilogue" to tie things up on November 1st).

HallowThirteen will start on the 19th and run to the 31st. See you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment