Friday, October 11, 2013

A Farewell to Donovan

Well, I officially got confirmation from Carina Press that the Magnocracy Series will not be continued.

If I felt more strongly about telling Donovan's stories, I would look for another publisher or even consider self-publishing. Problem is, the third novel starts a plot arc that would take multiple books to finish. I just can't embark on a project like that without some hope of payoff, so the third novel is getting shelved. Maybe one day I'll go back to the grime and the adventure, perhaps I might even tell Moira's story, but right now I have other worlds I'd like to visit, worlds that might reach a wider audience. Frankly, I thought Vacant Graves was a nice standalone, so I'd rather not mess it up by introducing a conflict I'm not going to resolve.

For those of you who read and enjoyed the Donovan books, I am sorry. Unfortunately, writing is a business and it was a product that just didn't sell. Hopefully you will enjoy my next project even more.


Thank you for reading,


Christopher Beats

No comments:

Post a Comment