Tuesday, August 13, 2013

You'll Have to Google It

Had a family emergency this weekend, hence the late post.

I'm currently afflicted by a spectacular strangeness, a simultaneous twin ear worm that combines "When I'm Gone" (from Pitch Perfect) with "La Seine" (from A Monster in Paris). I've only seen one of these movies. I'll let you guess which one.

Now one might expect these songs to compete with each other, creating a horrific neuro-cacaphony but they actually go together quite nice, at least in my head. No, the problem is they won't stop. At all. My entire exhausting morning I've carried this insane soundtrack around with me.

I've generally heard that hearing your ear worm or even better, singing it, can get it out of your system.

But what to do when it's two songs? I guess I could fire up Netflix on the Wii while running YouTube on my phone...but timing might be an issue, since my mental composer can apparently speed things up or slow them down to fit the songs together.

The singing would be even more difficult. I have a single rather manly voice, while this bizarro medley requires two decidedly feminine ones. Don't even ask me about pitch-I have the octave range of an asthmatic on a broken harmonica.

I suppose as madness goes, this isn't so bad. Just keep me away from empty cups.

No comments:

Post a Comment