Sunday, November 18, 2012

Dialogue through a Fence

ME: Sorry about the dog barking. He doesn't get enough exercise lately.

NEIGHBOR: Why not? Take him to the park.

ME: Well, it's difficult. I love to hike with him but I've got to pack up the kids, then the dog, then drive to the park, unpack the kids, then the dog...

NEIGHBOR: You've got children now. Learn to deal.

ME: Right, I understand that. But sometimes--

NEIGHBOR: You know what I did?

ME: No. What did you do?

NEIGHBOR: I put my little girl on one of those leashes. It worked great. We were up in the mountains and I didn't trust her walking around on her own. For toddlers, you have to have a leash.

ME: I'm not going to have a kid strapped to my chest plus another kid on a leash AND a dog on a leash...

NEIGHBOR: Oh, well that's simple. Leave the dog at home.


Fin.




I wish I were making this up.


1 comment:

  1. Oh my. I had to use one of those leash thingies when I was traveling alone with the kids. The little one like to climb out of her stroller and try to wander off.

    Not funny, especially when I was trying to wrangle the luggage and her older sister was trying to push the stroller. Things will get better. I promise.

    ReplyDelete